3. Maize collects two types of information about users: Identifiable Information and Aggregate Information.
(a) “Identifiable Information” means a user’s name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, financial information or any other information that can be used to contact an individual, or which is identifiable of a specific individual.
(b) “Aggregate Information” means information about how many users access the Site on a daily basis, traffic patterns, usage patterns, survey information and the like. 4. Identifiable Information is collected when users voluntarily opt-in to becoming registered users, receive information, or use communication services on the Maize Site.
4. Identifiable Information is collected when users voluntarily opt-in to becoming registered users, receive information, or use communication services on the Maize Site.
5. Maize collects Aggregate Information about activities that take place on this Site by tracking Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you surf the Web. The computers that deliver the Web pages to you automatically identify your computer by its IP address. When you request a page from this Site, our servers log (or record) your IP address. When you visit this Site, we automatically record the name of the domain from which you accessed the site and the type of client computer and type of Web browser that you use. If you got to this Site by means of a link from another site, our computers will note the fact that you came to us from that linked site.
6. Maize shall use your Identifiable Information only in association with its operation and administration of the Site and its communications with you. Maize shall maintain the confidentiality of your Identifiable Information in the same manner in which it protects its own confidential information of like kind, but in no event shall Maize take less than reasonable precautions to prevent the unauthorized disclosure or use of your Identifiable Information. Under no circumstances should users upload or otherwise provide Personal Health Information through the Site.
7. Maize may disclose your Identifiable Information to its employees and contractors on a need to know basis provided that such employees and contractors have confidentiality obligations to Maize. Maize may also disclose your Identifiable Information as required by applicable 2 law or pursuant to a subpoena, order, and/or request of a court or other governmental, legislative or regulatory body. Lastly, Maize may modify your Identifiable Information such that it is not identifiable as yours, and Maize may store, analyze, manipulate, aggregate, display, disclose, distribute, retain, and otherwise use such unidentifiable information without restriction.
8. Maize may share Aggregate Information with third parties for advertising, promotional and other purposes.
10. The information collected by Maize may be used to send you information about Maize related opportunities and other related communications. We may also use this information to make offers to you and to help us further develop this Site and/or proactively tailor this Site to your interests.
11. You have the option to opt-out of providing certain information or data, from being contacted by or receiving information from Maize, and/or strategic partners, and to choose how Maize uses your information and data. If you prefer not to receive information from us, please let us know by sending us an email at email@example.com. Please be sure to include your name, e-mail address, any desired message, and be certain to reference UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject line of your e-mail message. We will attempt to facilitate your request as quickly as possible but caution you that such requests may take up to one (1) week to become effective.
12. You may review, update, and correct your Identifiable Information by editing your Account Information.
14. The security of this Site, and of the servers and other computer equipment used to bring you this Site, is a high priority of Maize. We maintain this Site and all associated data with technical, administrative, and physical safeguards to protect against loss, unauthorized access, destruction, misuse, modification, and improper disclosure. We follow industry-proven security procedures such as encrypted administrative communication, restricted access to underlying machines, and firewalls at network access points. No computer system or information can ever be fully protected against every possible hazard. But Maize is committed to providing reasonable and appropriate security controls to protect this Site and its information against foreseeable hazards.
17. Maize is committed to complying fully with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act. Accordingly, if you are under the age of 13, you are not authorized to provide us with Identifiable Information, and we will not use any such information in our database or other data collection activities. We appreciate your cooperation with this federally mandated requirement.
19. We use Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS) to ensure secure internet connections, however, no transmission of data over the Internet is guaranteed to be completely secure. It may be possible for third parties not under the control of Maize to intercept or access transmissions or private communications unlawfully. While we strive to protect your personal information, Maize cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. Any such transmission is done at your own risk.